31 May 2008

crafty

I finally got around to setting up an etsy shop. You can see my little etsy widget over there in the sidebar. Right now it has a special place at the top, because it's new and exciting for me. I photographed and listed all my knitted dishcloths, at least those that had two others that matched them, since they go in batches of three. And I photographed the two whole dolls I have finished right now. Ever since I started knitting, back in November or December, I've neglected my dolls. Even the supply bin is packed away in storage, while my yarn stash bin is right next to my spot on the couch.

As far as my other knitting, I haven't moved too far beyond flat things yet. I made one sock. Just one. It was my practice sock, and it's too short and too fat and, well, it was a trial run. I started making another sock (out of corn yarn!) and it was going ok, but I messed it up when I started to switch from dpns to a circular needle. It all had to be frogged.

The other day, I decided to start making a purse. It's very simple. There's a front panel, a back panel which is longer, so that it forms a flap over the front, and then a strap, which also forms the bottom and sides. So far, I have the front panel (pictured below) and most of the back panel finished.



I also made a bath mat, but that's a bit complicated to explain, so I'll do a separate post about that some other time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to Etsy! :)

Chrisbookarama said...

Welcome to Etsy! I'm on there too!

Debi said...

I keep wanting to open an Etsy shop, too. But of course, that means I actually have to get something made :)

Can't wait to check out your shop!