18 October 2008

Hour 8

Title of book(s) read since last update: Animal Farm by George Orwell and Father's Arcane Daughter by E.L. Konigsburg.

Number of books read since you started: 1. Finished Animal Farm!

Pages read since last update: 66

Running total of pages read since you started: 68

Mini-challenges completed: None so far.

Last hour, my husband baked Ghiradelli brownies! And now I'm off for a short hike while he heads to the store to stock up on snacks for the rest of the read-a-thon.

Here's a picture I took yesterday of a scarf I made for a friend who likes yellow. I love the buttery color! It's hard to tell, but the tassels are a slightly shimmery golden color.

6 comments:

trish said...

What kind of yarn did you use? And is that the moss stitch?

Oh, and good job reading! Yeah, I don't get distracted easily.

Dewey said...

Yes, it's moss stitch. The yellow is Peaches and Creme cotton. The golden stuff seems mostly like linen to me, but it was sent with a bookmooch book! The person I mooched from sent a whole box of cotton yarn to say sorry for the book being a little late. She'd read my blog and found out I was allergic to animal hair yarns and everything!

Anonymous said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf!

It's good to see you reading Dewey!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Animal Farm is a banned book, so I hope you'll review it for our BANNED BOOKS blog as well as on your own. Pretty please? Here's the URL, in case you've lost it ... lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_books

Bonnie Jacobs said...

You said (in the comment on my blog):
I love the sound of water, too. I miss it, living in a drier climate, but I like the mountains, too. :)

Different mountains, but I live at the foot of a very green, very lush mountain. It's the same mountain on TOP of which I raised my children. Want to see it? Here's one view from Signal Mountain, overlooking part of the Tennessee River:

http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc42573.php

Better yet, here are several photos:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Signal-Mountain-Tennessee.html